Pages

Monday, January 13, 2020

Day 1 Week 4 Activity 2

Activity:Black

Here is your chance to learn more about ‘Shakespearean English’. To do this, please write a short recount about what you did this morning and then use this translating tool to turn it into Shakespearean English.

On your blog, share both your English and Shakespearean translation of your recount



Answer:Purple
This morning I woke up at 8:00 and then had breakfast,Brush my teeth.brushed my hair then got my clothes on. after that I cleaned my room I open my curtains and it was so shiny because the sun was out. Before I open my curtains it looked cold outside so then I put on a jumper until I seen the sun blasting into my eyes.



Translate:yellow

This m'rning i did wake up at 8:00 and then hadst breakfast,brush mine own teeth. did brush mine own hair then did get mine own robes on.  aft'r yond i did clean mine own cubiculo i ope mine own curtains and t wast so shiny because the travelling lamp wast out.  Bef're i ope mine own curtains t did look bitter cold outside so then i putteth on a jumpeth'r until i seen the travelling lamp blasting into mine own eyes.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's hard to tell If it's cloudy or warm sunny day until you open your window or go outside. Good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora again Savanah,

    You did an amazing job on translating your story into ‘Shakespearean’. I really like the phrase ‘putteth on a jumpeth’r’ which means you ‘put on a jumper’. It is important to make sure it makes sense when you are writing in Shakespearean and you did an excellent job of this.

    Have you ever read any of Shakespeare's material? Or some of the movies made from his material? I would love to know!

    Keep up the awesome work.

    Cheers,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete